Applying for a place at a selective high school for Year 7 starts when the child is in Year 5. Parents or carers of students in Year 5 need to apply by 20 November 2023 for placement at selective high school for Year 7 in 2025.
Parents and carers are invited to attend the webinar to learn more about selective high schools, the application and placement process. The webinar will cover:
- Types of selective high schools: fully selective, partially selective, online
- Benefits of selective high school
- Explaining the placement process
- The Equity Placement Model
- Submitting the online application
- Reasonable adjustments for disability
- Preparing for the test, including:
- what to expect
- practice test papers
- test centres
- what if something goes wrong on test day?
- Questions and answers
Participants may submit questions in advance through the registration page.