A webinar for parents and carers of young people aged 13-18
This webinar is the third in a series on consent education that the NSW Department of Education and P&C Federation are co-hosting and, for this webinar, we have also partnered with the eSafety Commissioner.
This webinar will help parents and carers to understand online sexual harassment and image-based abuse (non-consensual sharing of intimate images).
It is designed for parents and carers of young people aged 13-18.
It will cover:
- the difference between online sexual harassment and image-based abuse
- how to report online sexual harassment to social media companies
- how to report image-based abuse to eSafety and when to report to police
- where to get support if you feel upset or worried about something that has happened online.
You can choose to attend the webinar with your teen or share resources with them afterwards from the webinar package.
Please send your questions, comments and feedback to: email@example.com
- Gillian White – Executive Director, Early Childhood Education and Schools Policy, NSW Department of Education
- Greg Gebhart, Senior Education Trainer, eSafety Commissioner
This webinar is presented via the the eSafety Commissioner’s platform. It will not be recorded for viewing later. However, there are a range of resources and links to other webinars for parents on the eSafety Commissioner’s website.
Please note that when you click on this link you will be taken to the website of the eSafety Commissioner.