P&C Federation is pleased to be hosting this Black Dog Institute webinar, Navigating your teen’s mental health, for our members and their school parent/carer communities. We know from feedback received from our members that parents and carers are looking for resources to help them support their children’s mental health.
Please note that this webinar will not be recorded. However, it will be offered with a choice of sessions on two different evenings.
Normal mood swings or clinically depressed –can you tell the difference?
Understanding mental health is a minefield for many of us, but that’s where we can help. Our presentation developed by experts has been designed to help you answer questions like this and gives you the knowledge and practical advice to:
• Identify depression from normal mood swings
• Understand the types of mental health concerns
• Recognise the symptoms of depression and anxiety
• Know when professional help is needed
• Understand the range of treatment options
• Have open, meaningful conversations
• Spot and monitor the warning signs
At the conclusion of the 45-minute presentation, there will be the opportunity for attendees to ask questions of the presenter. The webinar will be facilitated by Natalie Walker, P&C Federation President.
After registration, you will be sent a link to a short pre-webinar survey. Please note that this link will take you to the Black Dog Institute site.