The Federation of Parents & Citizens Associations of New South Wales (A.B.N 37 439 975 796) (P&C Federation) is subject to the Privacy Act 1988, which provides for the fair handling of personal information, and which sets standards for the collection, access, storage and use of personal information. We recognise that the privacy of our members and others who share information with us is important and that they have the right to control it.
WHAT PERSONAL INFORMATION DO WE COLLECT?
The type of personal information the P&C Federation collects depends on the nature of your dealings with us.
To be able to provide you with our services, we may need:
- your name;
- your contact details including email address, mailing or street address and telephone number;
- your demographic information;
- particulars of the school and/or parents and citizens association you are associated with including the A.B.N, details of activities undertaken and the contact details of key stakeholders such as the president, vice-president(s), treasurer and secretary;
- your payment particulars including credit card, account and BSB numbers (for the sole purpose of processing payments);
- your preferences and opinions;
- details of the services we have provided to you or that you have enquired about and our responses;
- your browser session and geo-location data, device and network information, statistics on page views and sessions, acquisition sources, search queries and browsing behaviour;
- additional personal information that you provide to us directly or indirectly through your use of our website, online forms, customer surveys, in writing, in person or via any other means; and
- any other information requested by us and/or provided by you.
If you apply for a job with us, you may provide us with certain information, including your name, employment and educational background, and other personal information which we may require you to provide, or which you choose to provide us, in relation to your job application.
We may contact you to respond voluntarily to questionnaires, surveys or market research and provide your opinion and feedback. Providing this information is optional.
HOW DO WE COLLECT PERSONAL INFORMATION?
How we collect personal information also depends on the nature of your dealings with us.
We collect personal information directly from you whenever it is reasonable and practical to do so. We may also collect personal information from third parties (e.g., your nominated officers) in the course of providing services to you.
We collect personal information:
- from you directly, when you provide information over the phone, online or on documentation, complete a customer survey or apply for a job with us; and
- from third parties who request us to provide services to you, when they provide information over the phone, online or on documentation.
COLLECTING PERSONAL INFORMATION FROM OUR WEBSITE
The P&C Federation collects some information from you when you use our website. Your use of the facilities and services available through our website will determine the amount and type of information which we collect about you. Some of this information will not be personal information because it will not reveal your identity.
While we take great care to protect your personal information on our website, no data transmission over the internet can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. Accordingly, we cannot ensure or warrant the security of any information that you send to us or receive from us online. This is particularly true for information you send to us via email. We have no way of protecting that information until it reaches us. Once we receive your transmission, we make our best effort to ensure its security in our possession.
Our website may contain links/plug-ins to other sites. We are not responsible for the content of, or the privacy practices or policies of, those sites.
Most web browsers are set up to accept cookies. If you do not wish to receive cookies, you may be able to change the settings on your web browser to refuse all cookies or to notify you each time a cookie is sent to your computer, giving you the choice whether to accept it or not.
HOW DO WE USE PERSONAL INFORMATION?
The P&C Federation only collects personal information in connection with carrying out its authorised and permitted activities. We will only use your personal information for the purpose(s) you have provided the personal information, or for a purpose to which you have consented.
Generally, how the P&C Federation uses personal information will be apparent from the way in which we collect it, or will be disclosed at the time of collection.
We use information for a range of purposes which include:
- to enable you to access and use our website;
- to provide you with services, or information regarding our services;
- for analytics, market research and development including to operate and improve our website;
- to send you information about other products or services offered by third parties which may be of interest to you; and
- to communicate and administer our relationship and dealings with you efficiently.
If you would prefer not to receive promotional or other material from us, please let us know by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org and include the word unsubscribe in the subject. Alternatively, simply select the “unsubscribe” option in any of the emails that you receive from us.
If you apply for a job with us, we will hold, use and disclose that information solely for the purpose of considering your application. In particular, in considering your application, it may be necessary for us to disclose some of that information to third parties to verify the accuracy of that information. In such circumstances, we will disclose only such information as is reasonably necessary. In considering your application, we may also collect personal information about you from any third parties that you nominate as your referees in your application.
WHAT PERSONAL INFORMATION DO WE DISCLOSE?
In general the P&C Federation will not sell, rent or lease your personal information to others. The P&C Federation may however disclose your information:
- to credit reporting agencies and courts, tribunals or regulatory authorities where you fail to pay for services provided to you;
- where the P&C Federation is required by law to disclose information to third parties;
- to the Department of Education but only to the extent that the information relates to student transport drivers;
- in certain circumstances to organisations offering products and services which the P&C Federation considers may be of interest to you for direct marketing purposes;
- where the P&C Federation has outsourced functions to third party contractors, suppliers or brokers. In order for us to provide our services we may share your personal information with a contractor, supplier or broker. We require our contractors, suppliers and brokers to undertake to comply with the Privacy Act 1988; or
- third parties to collect and process data such as Google Analytics and WordPress Statistics or other relevant business.
DO WE DISCLOSE PERSONAL INFORMATION OVERSEAS?
HOW DO WE KEEP PERSONAL INFORMATION SECURE?
The P&C Federation is committed to ensuring the security of your personal information. We use encryption technology and restrictions on employee access in order to safeguard your personal information.
HOW YOU CAN ACCESS AND CORRECT YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
You can request access to your personal information by contacting us using the contact information set out on our website. Before we are able to provide you with access to your personal information, we will require some proof of identity. For most requests, your information will be provided free of charge. However, we may charge a reasonable fee if your request requires a substantial effort by us.
If any of the personal information you have provided to us is inaccurate, out of date or incomplete (for example, if you move or change your phone number), please let us know so that we can update and/or correct your personal information.
If you find any inaccuracies in your personal information, please let us know as soon as you become aware of the inaccuracy.
HOW DO WE DEAL WITH PRIVACY COMPLAINTS?
Your privacy is important to the P&C Federation and we will make every effort to resolve your concerns. To assist us in helping you, we ask you to follow a simple three-step process:
Gather all supporting documents about the matters which concern you, think about the questions you want answered and decide on what you want us to do.
Telephone us on 1300 885 982. We will endeavour to review and if possible, resolve your concerns in a timely fashion.
If you are not satisfied with our response, we may require you to submit your complaint in writing by email at email@example.com with your contact details. We will then investigate your complaint and endeavour to respond to you in writing within a reasonable period and in any event within 21 days of receipt of your written complaint.
If at this stage the matter has not been resolved to your satisfaction, you can telephone the Australian Information Commissioner’s hotline on 1300 363 992.
CONTACTING THE P&C FEDERATION
Date last revised: 23 April 2018