Note: The deadline for applications was originally 28 February 2023. It has now been extended to 31 March 2023.
As a limited special offer as part of P&C Federation’s 100-year anniversary, unincorporated P&C Associations may apply for incorporation free of charge.
While not mandatory, there are numerous benefits to being an incorporated P&C Association. Normally, P&C Associations applying to incorporate would have to pay $100 as a one-off administration fee.
To take up this offer of free incorporation, unincorporated P&C Associations should send the application paperwork to P&C Federation by Friday 31 March 2023.
What is incorporation?
Incorporation makes a P&C Association a legal entity separate from its members. This means that:
- Debts or liabilities would normally be held against the P&C Association, not its individual members
- Legal action typically would not be taken against a P&C Association’s individual members (unless they have been personally negligent or broken the law)
Incorporation is especially important for P&C Associations that:
- Operate a service at the school (such as a school canteen, uniform shop, etc.)
- Employ paid staff
- Host large fundraising events
- Own assets
- Apply for grants
How do we become incorporated?
- Move a motion to become incorporated at a properly convened general or special meeting. Decision is made by a simple majority vote of members.
- Sign the application letters and send them to P&C Federation, either by post or as scanned email attachments.
Once P&C Federation receives the application letters, we will handle the rest. We will notify your P&C Association when it is approved by the NSW Minister of Education, and provide you a Certificate of Incorporation.
The main requirements for incorporating are:
- that your P&C Association has current membership, and;
- has public liability insurance with P&C Federation.
Click here to read more about the benefits and process of incorporation. If you have any questions about incorporation, contact P&C Federation:
Monday to Friday
9 am – 4 pm AEDT
Phone: 1300 885 982