Grants are available for apprentices and trainees, and government-funded vocational education training (VET) Smart and Skilled learners in flood-affected areas of NSW.
As part of the NSW Government North Coast Flood Recovery Support Package, the Vocational Education Hardship Fund and Apprentice and Trainee Support were established to provide financial support for:
- school-based apprentices and trainees (SBATs)
- government-funded vocational education and training (VET) Smart and Skilled learners.
The fund is aimed to support those learners who are working, living or studying in the local government areas (LGAs) of Ballina, Byron, the Clarence Valley, Lismore, Kyogle, the Richmond Valley and Tweed to re-engage or continue to engage with their employment, education and training.
Grants of $1,000 are available for eligible apprentices, trainees and SBATs, and grants of $500 are available for eligible Smart and Skilled learners in flood-affected areas who were employed or enrolled in training between 1 March 2022 and 30 April 2022.
Applications open Friday 10 June.
Apply via mail from 10 June until 9 December 2022 to:
Reply Paid 91310
PARRAMATTA NSW 2150
You can also submit your application in person at one of four NSW Recovery Service Centres in Northern NSW from 14 June – to 4 July 2022:
- Ballina Surf Club: Monday to Wednesday, 9 am – 4 pm (site closing permanently after 29 June)
- Grafton, underneath Grafton Library: Monday to Friday, 9 am – 4 pm
- Lismore: Corner of Dawson and Magellan Streets – car park opposite the oval: Monday to Friday, 9 am – 4 pm
- Murwillumbah Civic Centre: Monday to Friday, 9 am – 4 pm
To access the application form, and for further information, refer to Help from government agencies for people affected by floods.
Please note that applications are unable to be accepted via email due to cyber security risks. Also, if you are under 18 years old, both
you and your parent/carer will need to have signed your completed application before you can submit it.
Call Training Services NSW on 13 28 11 for further assistance.