P&C Federation is co-hosting this webinar with the NSW Department of Education to provide parents and carers information about applying for opportunity classes.
The webinar will cover:
• What are opportunity classes? Where are they located?
• How the application website is accessed and what its functions are
• Testing including:
– allocation of students to test centres
– disability and reasonable adjustments
– preparing for the test
– during the test
• Illness/misadventure and malpractice
• Selection committees
• Notification of outcome
To learn more about opportunity classes, please visit https://education.nsw.gov.au/public-schools/selective-high-schools-and-opportunity-classes
The following panel will be at the webinar to share information and answer your questions:
• Magda Pollak, Leader, High Performing Students Team, NSW Department of Education
• Lily Barclay, Manager, Opportunity Class Placement, High Performing Students Team, NSW Department of Education
There will be the opportunity for you to ask questions of the panellists at the end of the webinar presentation. You can also submit your questions before the webinar, when you register to attend. The cut off for pre-submitted questions will be 12:00 pm on 27 April.
Register now for this webinar. If you can’t attend, the webinar will be recorded, and all registrants will be notified once the recording is available for viewing.
We look forward to you joining this webinar and encourage you to promote the webinar through your local school communities.