Year of celebrations launched on P&C Day 2 March 2022
- The Federation of Parents and Citizens Associations of NSW (P&C Federation) celebrates its centenary in 2022 – and 100 years of volunteering to support NSW public schools, students, teachers and families
- P&C Federation is the peak body for P&C Associations in NSW, with more than 1800 members and 8000 Office Bearers throughout metropolitan, regional and remote NSW.
- Federation of Parents and Citizens Associations of NSW was officially formed in May 1922 as the peak body for public school parents.
- P&C Federation is committed to a free public education system inclusive of all students and families.
- The P&C Association community is the largest body of volunteers in NSW.
- P&C Associations are well known for fundraising in schools, running canteens, uniform shops and Out of School Hours centres, but they also play important roles in education advocacy. P&C Federation works closely with the NSW Department of Education as the voice of parents and carers, providing input and feedback on policy and procedures.
- As part of the celebrations for this milestone, an online event, hosted by Julie McCrossin will be held on P&C Day, 2 March 2022, 7:00-8:00 pm. This event is open to P&C Association members and the wider school community around NSW. Read more
- Julie McCrossin will be interviewing the Hon Sarah Mitchell MLC, Minister for Education and Early Childhood Learning in NSW, Natalie Walker, P&C Federation President, Hannah Pia Baral, GM P&C Federation and P&C Association members about their experiences volunteering in their local school communities.
- P&C Day falls on the first Wednesday in March each year and is a day to recognise the work of P&C Associations and their volunteers in public school communities across NSW
- To mark the centenary, P&C Federation has also launched a new logo. Read more